Coma Monday

I slept until 11:30 am today. I’m still not quite over this week. Earlier this week I flew back to Chicago to be with my family. We all were together to see my Grandpa. It was so great that we were all together before he died. I was originally going to go today, but my sister said it would be good if I came sooner. I’m SOOO glad she said that, otherwise it would have been to late. If I can make it 99 years and then simply fall asleep while my loved ones sit at my bedside I’ll be pretty damn lucky.

The last five days at work have seemed like they lasted a year. It’s too tedious to go into, but it involves lots of rehearsal, crashed scenery, stopped show, actor in car accident, working my ass off, and feeling generally wildly under appreciated. This week may have been just the kick in the head I needed to get on with my life and make some major changes. My favorite yarn store in New York is hiring again. I think this fall a job at a yarn store may be just what I want to do for a while. A simpler life surrounded by fiber all day. Time to work on my designs, time to think about what to do next. Not the worst idea in the world.

I’ve be missing some of my old pals with the first Jersey Boys tour. My friend Michelle sent me these pics from their tech in New Haven.

Here’s Michelle and the fabulous Miles Aubrey

and my favorite picture. The real power behind Jersey Boys:

I have gotten a lot of knitting done this week. The good thing about two 5 hour plane rides. I finished the last sleeve on the mohair sweater. That means it’s down to the never ending procrastination of finishing. God I hate sewing. On the plane ride home I cast on for Tempting II. It’s my first time working with Rowan Calmer. I LOVE this yarn. If you can find it for a good price on ebay, scoop it up.

When I was with my sister on Monday she said that she ruined her favorite cardigan. I said I could whip her one up in a week. I’m making her a little 3/4 sleeve grey blue cardigan. It’s in the yummy Rowan Polar (one of my all time faves). I cast it on Tuesday night. Here it is on Wednesday morning:

Here is is by Thursday night:

I’ll be able to finish it up in about an hour. I’m hoping to finish seaming up the sleeves of the cotton/mohair today too. I’ll post more pics in a few days.

When I was at my Mom’s house she let me take whatever I wanted from her 30 year button stash. I found some great stuff.

You may also like

Leave a comment