5 Steps to the Perfect Knitter’s Thanksgiving
The Knitter’s Thanksgiving
This is the time of year we all gather with our loved ones to give thanks for all we have.
As knitter’s, we have some special needs when it comes to creating the perfect holiday. Here are my 5 steps to the perfect knitter’s Thanksgiving:
1) Pack MINIMUM 1 project per day out of town
Remember, variety is the spice of life. There can be stress when family is involved, you need options.
2) The time it take to preheat the oven is enough time to cast on for an additional project
Why limit yourself to the 4 projects you’ve already packed?
3) When the inevitable act of going around the table and stating what you are grateful for comes up, be honest – simply say “Cashmere” and leave it at that
Perhaps it will give some loved ones some shopping ideas.
4) Don’t forget about leftovers
I speak (of course) of left over yarn. A striped scarf could be nice
5) When it doubt, make a turkey hat
AND you can buy the pattern. I just got an e-mail with the link from a crocheter: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sexy-turkey-hat—crochet-pattern