Gauge Round Up
I have written about gauge many times. I think about gauge, I teach gauge, I believe in gauge.
Right now nearly 900 knitters are knitting up the Labadee Cowl and have found out how a tiny difference in a gauge swatch can domino into a cowl that’s way too big. Good news is I updated the pattern for THREE different gauges so if you don’t match the pattern gauge you can cast on few stitches and even eliminate a repeat here and there and get your dream cowl!
Next week hundreds of knitters will start swatching for the Roselle Tee Video KAL, so I thought this was a great time for a round up of . . .
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Gauge But Were Afraid to Ask!
Since I’ve written on my blog, on Twist Collective and on Mason Dixon Knitting, I thought I’d put them all in one place, so here ya go!
- Swatching in the Round
- Big Box of Knitting Fails: Giant Sweater
- Five Things in a Good Sweater Pattern
- Big Box of Knitting Fails: It’s a GROWER
- Why We Swatch
- How to Measure Your Knitting
- Big Box of Knitting Fails Puffy Sleeve (bad row gauge)
- 5 Steps to a Perfect Sweater
- How to Block a Gauge Swatch
- Measuring Gauge
- Gauge Swatch Cast On
- 5 Secrets of Row Gauge
- 5 Secrets of Stitch Gauge
- Gauge Math = Cookie Math
Modern Daily Knitting
To learn to make an excellent fabric and REALLY use your needle to size your stitch, take “Improve Your Knitting“.