Gauge Round Up
I have written about gauge many times. I think about gauge, I teach gauge, I believe in gauge.
Right now nearly 900 knitters are knitting up the Labadee Cowl and have found out how a tiny difference in a gauge swatch can domino into a cowl that’s way too big. Good news is I updated the pattern for THREE different gauges so if you don’t match the pattern gauge you can cast on few stitches and even eliminate a repeat here and there and get your dream cowl!
Next week hundreds of knitters will start swatching for the Roselle Tee Video KAL, so I thought this was a great time for a round up of . . .
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Gauge But Were Afraid to Ask!
Since I’ve written on my blog, on Twist Collective and on Mason Dixon Knitting, I thought I’d put them all in one place, so here ya go!
- Swatching in the Round
- Big Box of Knitting Fails: Giant Sweater
- Five Things in a Good Sweater Pattern
- Big Box of Knitting Fails: It’s a GROWER
- Why We Swatch
- How to Measure Your Knitting
- Big Box of Knitting Fails Puffy Sleeve (bad row gauge)
- 5 Steps to a Perfect Sweater
- How to Block a Gauge Swatch
- Measuring Gauge
- Gauge Swatch Cast On
- 5 Secrets of Row Gauge
- 5 Secrets of Stitch Gauge
- Gauge Math = Cookie Math
Modern Daily Knitting
To learn to make an excellent fabric and REALLY use your needle to size your stitch, take “Improve Your Knitting”. Email me to purchase DVD or DVD digital file.