VIRTUAL AffiKNITy Retreat: the Retreat You Can Customize
Sept 11 – 14, 2020
We are SOLD OUT. Please click below to join the wait list.
Spots do open up!
We can’t be together in Maine, but we CAN be together! Welcome to Virtual AffiKNITy, a unique online event with all the fun and togetherness of an intimate retreat.
Κnit, Learn, Laugh, Repeat
WHEN DOES REGISTRATION OPEN:
- Early bird registration (watch your email for password) will open for for everyone booked into the 2020 live event on
- Sunday June 28 at 9 am EDT
- Early bird registration (watch your email for password) will open for for everyone on the wait list for the 2020 live event on
- Friday July 3 at 9 am EDT
- General registration will open on
- Monday July 6, at 9:00 am EDT.
Make AffiKNITy Your OWN!
This is the retreat you can make your own! Enjoy two different class packages with our amazing team of teachers.
Customize it all! You will be able to pick from two class packages, build your own schedule choosing the times and class style that fit your needs — first come first served, so register as soon as it opens to get your first choices. Choose a little or a lot, it’s up to you. Everyone will be together in the evenings for knitting, games, fashion shows, and fun.
How Does Virtual AffiKNITy Work?
You Choose It All — How Registration Works
1) Choose Class Package
Some knitters want three classes, some knitters want to one class and enjoy all the online events. That’s why we offer two different class packages.
- Full Hank
3 classes, one from each guest teacher
- Mini Skein
1 class from one guest teacher
Both packages will have the chance to take a Tips & Tricks class with Patty (come with your questions!), and access to all evening events, a virtual farm tour by Long Island Yarn and Farm, a talk from Bristol Ivy, and the kickoff session for Patty’s fall video sweater class (included free with the retreat!)
2) Choose Class Style and Time
Everyone learns at their own pace, so we are offering three different class styles. In addition, you can choose when you take classes because each teacher will present their class four times.
Every attendee will get a goodie bag shipped to their house and that will include a HUE camera so you can show your teacher your hands.
NOTE: All class times are EDT. This is a LIVE event, the classes will not be recorded
In the detailed schedule in the brochure, you will see that each instructor teaches one “Relaxed,” one “Mixed,” and two “Loaded” sessions.
This class will spend a bit more time on fundamentals as we take our time to explore the class content. Perfect for both the newer knitter or the knitter who wants a more relaxed class pace.
A little something for everyone! This class will be for mixed levels. It will dig a bit deeper than the relaxed group. Perfect for knitters of different skill levels who are traveling together, or for the newer knitter who doesn’t mind jumping right in.
This class will be chock full of goodies. We’ll be taking a deep dive into the class topic, and we may even get into extra credit tricks. Perfect for the knitter who wants to gobble up all the ideas or the newer knitter who doesn’t mind observing new things!
3) Choose Your Shopping Schedule!
We will have a FABULOUS virtual shopping afternoon from 1 pm to 6 pm! You’ll get to choose your shopping times for each vendor, so if you want to shop with your friends, make sure to think through your choices. There will be special presentations, retreat coupons, patterns and you’ll have plenty of time to ask questions and get your orders ready!
5:30 – 6:00 pm ALL vendor rooms open. Pop back in for last minute questions.
4) Fun facts to have ready when you register:
Schedule at a Glance (see the brochure for the detailed schedule)
There are classes during the day, and crazy fun at night. Whether you pick the Full Hank or Mini Skein, you will still have lots of time to just relax, hang out, knit, and enjoy all that Maine has to offer.
Friday, Sept 11
- Evening welcome reception and game night and PRIZES! You’ll get a chance to show off your goodie bag and
Saturday, Sept 12
- Our guest teachers will hold a class session in the morning and the afternoon. Patty will hold her tips and technique session in the morning and afternoon. In the late afternoon we’ll have a virtual farm tour to meet the animals of Long Island Yarn and Farm, and in the evening we’ll have our fashion show!
Sunday, Sept 13
- We will have classes and workshops in the morning, the marketplace in the afternoon, and in the evening we’ll have teacher Q & A and Patty’s KAL kick off.
Monday, Sept 14
- We will have classes and workshops in the morning, then our farewell lunch. Before we go our separate ways, we will be treated to a talk and book signing by Bristol Ivy — and of course we can’t leave without goodbyes and drawing for the grand prizes!
Full detailed schedule and class descriptions in the brochure.
- Knitting classes from our guest teachers and Patty
- Epic goodie bag shipped to your house (with a WEB CAMERA FOR CLASSES!!)
- Farm tour from Long Island Yarn and Farm
- Three retreat patterns, one from each guest teacher
- Patty’s fall video sweater class
- All evening and afternoon events
- Virtual marketplace including retreat discounts
- Bristol Ivy talk
- Raffle prizes and grand prize drawings!
Registration opens June 28 for everyone who registered for 2020 and July 3 for anyone on the wait list WATCH YOUR EMAIL FOR PASSWORD, and July 6 to the general public. Once we fill up, you will automatically get added to the waitlist.
Make sure to have your choices for class package and class and shopping schedule (listed in the brochure) before registration opens. You will be able to register yourself and a guest on our secure booking site.
Payment is due in full on registration
$385 — 3 classes, one from each guest teacher, session with Patty, all evening events, fashion show, goodie bag, virtual marketplace, PLUS 3 retreat patterns (one from each guest teacher), and Patty’s fall video sweater class.
$285 — 1 class from one of the guest teachers, session with Patty, all evening events, fashion show, goodie bag, virtual marketplace, PLUS 3 retreat patterns (one from each guest teacher), and Patty’s fall video sweater class.
If you cancel before July 15, you will receive a full refund. No refund will be given after July 15, 2020, unless your space can be filled. Then you will receive a full refund minus a $75 registration fee.
- Join the Ravelry group to for chat and other retreat updates!
Hope to see you there!
Follow us on:
THE REGISTRATION BUTTON WILL BE LIVE ON June 28 at 9:OO am EDT for 2020 attendees with password and July 3 for those on the wait list
GENERAL REGISTRATION OPENS MONDAY JULY 6 at 9:OO am EDT