Virtual AffiKNITy Scholarship: Nominations Now Open
Virtual AffiKNITy (Sept 11 – 14) is saving one spot at our retreat for a special knitter who has never attended a knitting event! We are waiting to meet you!
Introducing the Virtual AffiKNITy Scholarship
Some knitters may face different barriers in attending a live knitting event. At Virtual AffiKNITy, we hope everyone will find fewer of these barriers so they can experience a relaxing, educational, community-driven weekend of fiber and fun. We want to live up to our slogan Knit, Learn, Laugh, Repeat.
Attending a knitting retreat from the comfort of your own home presents a special opportunity. Knitters may be reluctant to attend in-person events for a variety of reasons: accessibility issues that make travel difficult; sensitivity to sound, light or crowds; race or gender identity; or even knitting experience, which might cause a knitter to feel uncomfortable going to their first knitting event solo. Or, it might just not be in someone’s budget when a show involves travel, hotel, meals, and the expense of the event itself.
With Virtual AffiKNITy, knitters can attend from their own home, and everything else will be taken care of. The scholarship is for a “relaxed” skill-level package, so that it’s accessible to all skill levels!
The scholarship package includes:
- A goodie bag shipped to their house that includes a web camera to show your hands while taking class. (See video on how it works HERE)
- One class with Norah Gaughan on Cables Open Up
- One class with Patty Lyons on Knitting Tips and Tricks
- All evening events, including opening game night, fashion show teacher Q & A, Patty’s KAL kick off
- A virtual tour of Long Island Yarn and Farm
- A talk by Bristol Ivy
- Virtual market place with five vendors offering exclusive retreat coupons
- Three retreat patterns from each guest teacher (Kate Atherley, Norah Gaughan, Mary Jane Mucklestone)
- Patty’s fall video sweater class
Nominations are now open! Nominate yourself or a friend. Tell us a bit about the nominee and why they are perfect for this scholarship.
Thank you to our sponsors