5 Reasons You Should Join Us at AffiKNITy This Year
I wanted to create a retreat that would be welcoming to all knitters, no matter how many years of experience they have, how rusty they may be, or how new they are to the craft. I wanted to provide a space where they could enjoy knitting, laughing, and learning while spending time with like-minded individuals. That’s why I launched the AffiKNITy retreat.
Since then, we have had virtual AffiKNITy in 2020 and two successful years at Sebasco Harbor, Maine. As we prepare for our fourth Annual AffiKNITy retreat at Minerals Resort and Spa in New Jersey—where we still have limited space in all four packages—I would like to share with you some of my favorite parts of the retreat and what makes it special.
Here are five reasons why you should join us this year:
01. A Knitting Retreat You Can Customize!
This retreat is for knitters of all levels, whether you are a seasoned pro or a beginner. The goal is to bring together like-minded people who love knitting and want to spend time together. That’s why there are three packages to choose from, so you can customize your experience.
- The Full Hank package is perfect for hardcore learners who want to take all three classes with guest teachers and absorb as much knowledge as possible.
- The Mini Skein package is for those who want to take one full class with a guest teacher and attend as many mini-sessions with the host as they want, while also having time to relax, hike, and enjoy the spa.
- The Gauge Swatch package means the most to me. When I was a new knitter, I never thought I would be able to go to a knitting retreat. The Gauge Swatch package is perfect for newer knitters or those who want to brush up on some fundamental skills. You’ll have some mini-sessions with me and plenty of hangout time with other knitters.
The best classes and evening events, and awesome world-class teachers. I don’t know how you’re going to be able to top this year! I’ll be there next year! And I better get in or I’ll be so sad!
The variety in the classes was a big thing for me. The evening activities were so much fun. It’s hard to pick one thing!
02. Knitter’s Paradise: A Dreamy Mountain Escape
Nestled along the edge of the Appalachian Mountains, just an hour outside of New York City, sits one of the country’s most spectacular resorts! You’ll experience a range of attractive amenities such as indoor and outdoor pools, a luxury spa, a state-of-the-art sports club. And, of course, there are tons of cozy spots to hang out and knit!
Beautiful location, incredible classes and teachers – amazing weekend to immerse in knitting!
Fantastic place with a fantastic agenda, classes, and events!!
03. So Much to Do & See
There is a world of fun outside the classroom waiting for you at AffiKNITy. This year, we will have more free time built into your schedule, such as S’mores Night, a fashion show, and Arcade Night. PLUS, a longer marketplace—more needles, notions, and gift items. We have a TWO-day marketplace with EIGHT vendors!
Come early, stay late—our group rate is good for three days before and after the retreat. With TONS to do in the area, you just may want to make a week of it!
- Hike the Appalachian Trail
- Enjoy the gym and fitness classes (included)
- Delight in the Minerals indoor/outdoor pool complex (included)
- Visit a nearby farm or orchard
- Stop by nearby Warwick, NY
What a way to spend a weekend! Craft fairs and marketplaces and yarn meet ups are great but this had all that plus an amazing community of avid knitters, excellent instructors, and a beautiful location to boot.
04. Community Makes the Retreat Unique
Unlike knitting shows, where you might attend classes and then go your separate ways, the AffiKNITy Knitting Retreat is all about building connections with other knitters. There will be plenty of time for knit nights and hanging out, so you can learn from and inspire each other.
Having the opportunity to attend AffiKNITy has been a gift. This amazing gift to myself has fed my passion for all things fiber, expanded my knitting knowledge and most importantly grown my community by introducing me to the most wonderful group of women. Thank you Patty and all of the AffiKNITy team that made this possible!!
I learned a lot and throughly enjoyed myself. I came by myself and quickly found other solos to hang out with. Everyone was very welcoming.
05. Creating Special Memories with Your Favorite Knitting Friends
If you’re coming to the retreat, and you have a friend that think they’re too inexperienced to attend, encourage them to join you and book the Gauge Swatch package. If you are a member of a knitting group or guild, please share the information about the Full Hank and Mini Skein packages and encourage knitters to join in the fun. It will be great to enjoy a special weekend and accelerate your friendship!
So register now and come join us for a weekend of knitting, laughter, and learning. There is limited space in all four packages, so secure your spot as soon as possible. We can’t wait to see you there!