Patty teaches live classes on her website as well as in virtual shows. Patty teaches at national knitting events throughout the country. She also teaches at knitting guilds and shops throughout the country.
Take a class with Patty from
the comfort of your own home:
At Annie’s – ONLINE CLASS
- Circular Knitting Essentials
- Knitting ER: How to Fix Your Mistakes
- How to Read Your Knit Stitches & Master the Pattern
At Craftsy – ONLINE CLASS
- Explorations in Cables
- Improve Your Knitting: Alternative Methods & Styles
At Interweave Knitting Daily Shop – ONLINE CLASS
- Knitting Bag of Tricks
- Advanced Knitting Fixes
- An Introduction to Color Knitting: Stripes and More
- Secrets of Yarn Substitution
- Fantastic Finish: Blocking Techniques in Knitting
- Unlocking Pattern Secrets
- Customizing Sweater Patterns (part 1, part 2)
Shop DVD & Digital Classes
Interested in having Patty teach for you?
Virtual Knitting Shows
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter for first notice of my new online classes.
At Virtual Vogue Knitting Live online: Oct 8 – 11
At Virtual Knitting Live online: November 12 – 15
Postponed Events (until we can all be together again)
Due to the ever changing nature of Covid, all dates are subject to change
- Vogue Knitting Live in San Francisco: TBA
- Knitting in the Heartland in Overland Park, KSk: TBA
- Sea Purls Knitting Guild in Georgetown, DE: TBA
- Wine & Wool in the Country in Isaiah Tubbs Resort, NY: TBA
- Northcoast Knitting Guild, in Ohio: (Postponed until April 17 & 18, 2021)
- WEBS retreat in Western Mass: (Postponed until April 29 – May 2, 2021)
- Cloud 9 Knitting Retreat in Bloomington: (Postponed until June 11 – 13, 2021)
- Houston Fiber Fest in Houston, TX: (Postponed until June 24 – 27, 2021)
- Rosehaven Yarn Shop in Ontario, CA (Postponed until Nov 12 – 14, 2021)
- Yarnover, in Minneapolis (Postponed until April 29 – May 2, 2022)
Patty Lyons is an excellent teacher and extremely knowledgeable about knitting. She loves to teach and wants every knitter to succeed. […] With this class, we will be able to take a pattern and turn it around to fit us, with all our marvelous curves. Anything, in any media and format, by this gem of a lady is well worth your time, effort, and money.
This class has given me so much information and confidence. I have loved every minute of it. […] Patty is an EXCELLENT teacher and gives you so many helpful hints. It is a must for anyone who wants to learn how to do cables and read patterns. Also, enroll in her class—Improve Your Knitting—because it too is very informative and will teach you many invaluable techniques.
Brain exploding with information – best teacher EVER. I’ve been a big fan of Patty Lyons for some time now. I have her two Craftsy classes and her Annie’s class. Recently she spoke at my guild and I bought two of her Interweave DVDs. Oh . . . my . . . god!!! I thought I was good at fixing mistakes, but I had NO idea how many tricks there were.
The class was a blast; watching demonstrations on a screen of Patty knitting made visibility so much easier as we could see the intricacies of creating each stitch. In addition she also helped each student individually with demos and explanations. I never had to worry if I was doing the technique wrong because she verified that each student fully understood before moving on.
Using as an example your perfectly fitting sweater, you reviewed and explained the critical necessity and steps involved in getting gauge, showing before and after photos of the same sweater with gauge off by just a stitch. . . Information was utterly practical, made so much sense, answered questions I didn’t even know I had. I still use my notes! Many, many handy tips.
This class is excellent!!! Worth every penny. I have been searching for some time now, to find out how to properly count which row I am on, when working cables and Patty has answered that for me. This simple answer was worth the entire price of the class. She also explains how to do the long-tail cast-on in pattern!! [...] Thank you for such a great class!!