“With so many events cancelled, I’m keeping a list of ways you can enjoy your knitting (and support this very delicate industry). I will try to keep this up to date.
I am adding knitting books coming out to my Amazon Store.
Have something to add? Email me at email@example.com.
Listings are coming in quickly, so I’ll try to list date specific things on top and then random order (as they get sent to me)
Instagram is a great place to keep up with all the designers and teachers to see what’s up
There’s a special acct set up to support indie dyers. Check it out HERE.
I’ll kick it off with what’s going on with me:
- My newest video KAL, Palm Canyon, goes on sale 3-15. I will be hosting weekly Facebook lives and Instagram lives as a way to stay in touch.
- Seagate Sweater Kit is now available for order.
- Sign up for my newsletter for announcements of my upcoming live online classes!
- 3 – 17 Marley Bird’s Tournament of Stitches. It is a 5 week Make Along (both a knit and crochet version) where we work through a similar project together. This is Marley’s third year and it’s always a huge hit! There’s both written and video instructions. There is also online community help and prizes.
- 3-19 Ann Kingstone is joining her sister to host a virtual meeting of the Huddersfield branch of the Knitting and Crochet Guild. The theme is the March sisters from Little Women. “We’re going to draw parallels with some Victorian sisters in Yorkshire we’ve researched, two of whom were knitting authors. So, there’ll be lots of talk about Victorian knitting, with some knitted samples to show.” 7.15pm GMT
The meeting will take place in the KCG Facebook group via a live broadcast
- Through March 23 Denise Bell is offering shoppers a deal!! You can use the code deeproots to get all single patterns from the Deep Roots book half off. Those patterns include Switchgrass Scarf, The Preserve Shawl, Wingstem Skirt, Bluestem Scarf, Fox Creek Picnic Blanket, and 56 Butterflies Poncho.
- Starting March 23 Cecelia Campochiaro launches her Making Marls Knit Along on her Ravelry group. “This is a great way for knitters to get starting with marling and the concepts in the book, and I’m excited to see all the wonderful things they’ll create.”
- April 4 & 5: In place of the canceled Yarn Con, Queenie Crochet will be be running specials all weekend long!
Weekly or Daily:
- The one and only Clara Parkes is offering us a daily dose of fiber joy on the Daily Respite.
- 3 Kittens Needle Arts will be doing a daily broadcast from the shop at 3 pm Central Time
Current – Designers
- Mary Jane Mucklestone (one of the fabulous teachers for AffiKNITy retreat this fall) is working on a video podcast. Make sure to check out her website.
- Ann Kingstone is running a shawl KAL with her designer friend Sarah Alderson.
- Romi Hill has a lot going on:
- 3-15: New pattern release – Thornbush, uses a gradient pack of 4 or 5 colors. There’s a “Flatten the Curve” KAL on her Ravelry group so we can all self isolate together! You can choose any of my patterns to participate and there will be prizes.
- 3-17: Upcoming launch of eBook subscription on ravelry. Romi says “This one’s very personal to me through my choice of colors and projects, and I’ll talk a little about that!”
- 4-3: 8th annual mystery shawl KAL!
Ongoing – Shopping
- VENDOR LIST from Vogue Knitting Seattle
- VENDOR LIST from Stitches United
- Lost City Knits have just restocked both Léttlopi and Plötulopi in advance of DFWFF. Jamieson & Smith yarns are currently in transit from Shetland and should arrive in about a week.
- Creative with Clay let me know he has TONS of stock (usually seen at shows) marked “Ready to Ship.” Check it out!