Hone the skills to knit four included projects featuring marvelous cables: three scarves and a shaped cable and lace hat. During class, certified knitting instructor Patty Lyons will dash your pattern and chart-reading fears as she demystifies abbreviations and symbols. Then, learn the foundations of cabling, before you start stitching! Patty will guide you through six swatches, helping you get comfortable with asymmetrical and symmetrical cables, traveling stitches, right and left twists, braids and compound cables. You’ll even learn to cable without a cable needle, so you can see the cable cross before you’ve knit. Plus, Patty will teach you blocking basics and all the troubleshooting information you’ll need.
1. Introduction to Cables – Meet Patty and learn about yarn selection, yarn texture and various tools you’ll need to create beautiful cables.
2. How to Read Charts & Patterns
3. Right & Left Crosses
4. Cabling Without a Cable Needle
5. Traveling Stitches & Compound Cables
6. Blocking & Scarf Patterns
7. In-the-Round Explorations
8. Graduation Projects
9. Bonus: Fixing Mistakes