Here’s everything you need to know about purchasing from my web store.
Q: Why should I set up an account?
When you purchase from PattyLyons.com, it’s best to start by setting up your account. This will save all your downloads and you can come back here for updates or to re-download a file if you’ve had computer issues (NOTE: although downloads are limited, you can always contact email@example.com if you need more downloads).
Q: Where do I find my download link?
When you purchase you will have three ways to download your class or pattern.
1) You will get a pop up with download links. Depending on your internet speed, and web traffic, this may take a few seconds. DON’T CLOSE WINDOW.
You will see two columns:
- PRODUCT – This lists the name of the product. Some products have multiple downloads. If you click the name of the product, it will just take you to the product page.
- DOWNLOAD – Here you will find black buttons for each download. CLICK THE BLACK BUTTONS to download the file.
2) You get an email confirmation email with your pattern download link. It will also have two columns. One a list of the products you purchased, and the other with downloads.
Please click on the links under DOWNLOAD column. It will have the name of your download. Some products have more than one download.
3) IF you set up an account on my website you can also find your downloads there. If you purchased it in my webstore and you did not set up or log into your acct, it will not be stored in your acct, so make sure to save your download email (just like Ravelry if you weren’t signed in).
From your account page you can not only find your downloads but all your order confirmations with any other important information (like your add to Ravelry link—see below).
Q: Do I have to hit the “download button” each time I want to view my product
NOOOOO. It’s important to understand the difference between downloading a file and opening a file. When you download a file to your computer, tablet or phone, it is now a physical file, that you own, on your device. Since downloads are limited (to prevent piracy), it’s important that you not download the same file again and again. Follow these steps:
- Click your download link and choose a location on your device to store your file.
- If you can’t find your download, here are a few helpful links:
How to find a download on :
Q: Can I add my KAL (knit-along) pattern to my Ravelry Library?
When your KAL purchase a pattern, you will get a confirmation email. In the email there is a link (exclusive to you—do not share or you will not be able to use it) to add your pattern to your Ravelry library.
NOTE: This is not really needed, but only so you can have TWO places to access your downloads. To add any pattern to your Ravelry library, see next question.
NOTE: Some email programs block hyper links. If you cannot click on the link, simply copy and paste it into a browser. The link is not clickable in the pop up window you get on screen after purchase.
Make sure you are logged into your Ravelry account or it will not be added to your library. The link is one-time use only.
1) Sign into your Ravelry account.
2) Click on the link in the email (or copy it into a browser).
3) Click on the button that says USE THIS COUPON.
4) Click CHECK OUT NOW.
Q: I deleted my confirmation email. How can I get it again? Can I still add KAL to Ravelry
If you have a pattylyons.com account, log in and you can see all your order details. This will include the original confirmation emails.
Just cut and paste that link into a browser and follow directions above.
If you do not have a pattylyons.com acct, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your confirmation email resent.
Q: I’ve purchased other (non KAL) patterns from pattylyons.com. Do those also have a link to add them to Ravelry?
You can add any pattern to your Ravelry library at any time. – CLICK HERE. The library is a list of everything you own (patterns from books, magazines, individual patterns). So you can add any pattern you purchased from my store, and add it to your Ravelry library, but as long as you are logged into your pattylyons.com acct, you can also see it there and download it from there.
Just find the pattern listing on Ravelry and then click ADD TO LIBRARY. You will no see it listed in your library, along with any pattern you purchased on Ravelry.
When there is a pattern update from a pattern you purchased on pattylyons.com, you will get an email from email@example.com letting you know there’s an update, and that email will include your personalized download link.
Q: Can I download a class or pattern to multiple places? What if I get a new computer?
Each purchase comes with a set number of downloads that will allow you to download it to several devices. It is locked by IP address that means if the link is shared with a friend, you may not be able to download it again.
If you have slow internet connection, PLEASE be patient and wait for your download to complete rather than clicking again, so you don’t run out of downloads.
Q: I purchased the KAL without logging into an account. I created an account, can it be manually added?
I’m afraid not. Hang onto your confirmation email so you can download the new pattern part.
Q: What are the tech needs to download a video class from Pattylyons.com